with all the updates it's hard to pick a starting point so i'll start with the one we're most excited about but I want to give a little background. when casey and i began our journey of adoption a very close friend gave us some great advice; he said we needed to surround ourselves with a team of people to cheer us on. he knew that there would be days when we needed some encouragement or even days when someone would need to speak the truth in love because it is very easy to get blinded by our desires and miss what God is doing. So we asked four [and now five] really close friends to join the "baby butler team". they have been so incredible from the start. they have helped pray, plan and prepare for every fundraiser and every step before and after. we would be lost without them. now to the good stuff, Ryan and Ashley [members of the butler team] have started the paperwork to adopt a child from Rwanda. YEAH!!!!! we will of course have a link to their blog so bookmark them as one of the must reads. we are in awe of how God works and that we can be a part of His plan.
to our adoption - paperwork will be sent off this week! also a huge YEAH!!!! a lot of you have been asking how close we are to raising our money after the completion of our spud bash. for two days we were finished. we received a letter from Duni our Africa Program Director explaining that fees would be increasing a few days after the dinner. due to the change in the economy diapers and formula have become more expensive and i think more importantly there are more and more families adopting which means there is a greater need for a transitional home which means more nannies to care for our precious children as we wait to go get them. so we are not done fundraising just yet it seems. the butler team has started praying over what to do next and will meet in a few weeks to discuss. the good news is that we don't need the extra money just yet, so we are not slowed at all.
i know this has been a long one so thanks for sticking with it!
2 comments:
Rande-
Remember me? We lived down the street from each other. I was wondering if there is anything that I can do to help raise money or help in any other way, please let me know! It has been a long time no talk or see, but I think it is wonderful you are helping out in the way you are! In high school you were the first one help ANYONE! You helped me through many dark moments. I am eternally grateful and wish I could help out in some way. I know the school district I work at would love to help out. I hope to hear from you soon. My email is jlrteach@hotmail.com.
JR
Casey and Rande...
SO AWESOME!!!!
so excited to see your blog...so pumped to be able to follow along..can't wait to hear more and see more. will be praying for you guys and david. (sorry we couldn't make it up to unionville, my sis was in town!)
Post a Comment