Wednesday, December 2, 2009

the time has come...

yes, we are heading to the airport tomorrow morning! we have finished up our jobs, packed, repacked, reorganized and are putting the finishing touches on our carry-on's. we will be taking our computer with us in hopes of updating as we go but there are no guarantees that we will have power or availability. below is a brief look at our week to come:

Saturday - get settled into our hotel and do a little sight-seeing
Sunday - head to church, visit David's biological mother, maybe some more sight-seeing, meet the rest of our travel group
Monday - head to transitional home to see David for the first time
Tuesday - Gotcha Day, David is with us forever
Wednesday - Embassy Day
Thursday - visit orphanages and do a little shopping
Friday - shopping and sight-seeing, leave to come home
Saturday - arrive back in Oklahoma

thank you in advance for your prayers. we are nervous, excited, and ready to go! a special thank you to uncle kyle for making sure everything is taken care of while we are gone.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Yea!!!!!!! I'm excited for you, can you tell? Thank you for the update, and can't wait to hear all about your meeting with David.
Something that came to mind...a memory I have of Dave and I driving to the birthing center in Enid, Ok, after my water broke with Caroline. It was our last time spent together as just the two of us, and it is a very special memory (I still remember the beautiful Oklahoma sunset on the way into Enid.) So, this looong travel day will be the same for you guys. Among the things I pray, is that it is sweet for you, as ours was for us. God bless you three! <3 Joy