Sunday, April 25, 2010

healing nicely

our sweet baby boy had to go to the hospital for the first time this week. yep, circumcision time! side note for other families adopting little boys - i would recommend at least having an exam done. we found out that although david has no problems right now and won't for many years when he became a teenager problems would start jumping up forcing us to do his circumcision then. so have it looked at!

he did amazing! we got him up at 5:15 am to leave and he woke up with a sweet smile and a hug as usual. i think he is going to be a morning person. the surgery was only about 40 minutes and he was completely knocked out. i felt bad for laughing but he was in freak out mode when he started coming out of the anesthesia and it was funny for some reason. i laughed again that night when he very sadly said, "wee, wee hurt!" don't get me wrong, i felt awful for him but apparently i laugh instead of cry. he was a little more clingy and winy than normal but for the most part pretty smooth sailing. i no longer have to hog tie him or painfully endure his crocodile tears and sobs as i change his diaper. i'd say we are doing pretty good.


getting his id bracelet at the hospital

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just read your post and wanted to say that you made a smart choice circumcising, it is cleaner and healthier for boys. After doing a lot of research, I had my son circumcised and I am very glad that I did.
Its good you found the problem early, because I know if boys aren't done at birth its pretty common for them to need to be circumcised later in life. My brother needed to be circumcised later in life and I don't want to risk putting my son through that. Plus, I have yet to meet a single man that wasn't happy to be circumcised, but a lot of uncircumcised guys seem to wish they had been snipped.
I have done a lot of research on circumcision and thought you might find these links helpful:
general health:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq--5iUcgFM
http://www.modern-psychiatry.com/circumcision.htm
http://www.circinfo.com/parents_guide/gfp.html
http://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunday-night/video/-/watch/13629907/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlk_cPPqTAM
STD's
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=56849737
http://www.physorg.com/news86339340.html
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15593753/
Sexual effects/sensitivity
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE5BG4AM20091217
http://www.mcgill.ca/newsroom/news/?ItemID=26068
http://discusshiv.com/tag/orgasm/
http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2007/07/27/circumcision-sensation.html
Cervical Cancer:
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/fishman/2006/circumcision.html
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=1141513
trends:
http://www.jurology.com/article/PIIS0022534705604193/abstract
http://health.usnews.com/articles/health/healthday/2008/12/23/circumcision-rates-too-low.html
Discussion groups:
http://community.babycenter.com/groups/a1236385/choosing_to_circumcise
http://www.cafemom.com/group/13109
http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-ppnoforeskin
Even the World Health Organization is recommending it now:
http://www.who.int/hiv/mediacentre/news68/en/index.html
http://www.who.int/entity/hiv/mediacentre/MCrecommendations_en.pdf
As well as the CDC:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/32537110#32537110
Hope it was okay to pass that on to you?
Stacy
stacy.stack@yahoo.com