Wednesday, June 27, 2012
HOT
Yep, summer in Oklahoma is here! 100's every day. I will admit I struggled last summer. I had a newborn that I was trying to figure out what to do with and a two year old that loved to play outside but couldn't because it was too hot. Honestly, I cried a lot last summer. I was tired, overwhelmed and very, very hot. Although a very small piece of me misses the constant crying to God, I am excited about all the fun we are having this summer. We are out the door as soon as the boys are up each morning to play outside before its scorching hot and so far we have filled our afternoons with lots of fun memories. We have scheduled play dates with some of David's classmates which he has loved, started the reading program at our library which is awesome, picnics on our living room floor, lots of ice cream [me included - but that may need to stop soon], a a trip to the Science Museum and today we visited the Insect Adventure at OSU which was so cool. Sorry, no pictures of any of these things as I have not figured out how to help Landen walk, keep an eye on David and snap cute pictures at the same time. I use to think I was pretty coordinated but my children are proving me wrong. The heat is tough but having to get creative in our play turns out to be fun for all of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment