Thursday, March 21, 2013

two

We began our marriage with the assumption we would be living near our families in northern Missouri, I [Rande] would get my Masters in Exercise Science so I could pursue a career as a Strength and Conditioning Coach, Casey would be running his own cattle and at some point we would have TWO children [preferably two boys]. We have now been married almost 10 years, live in Oklahoma [8 hours from family], I did not finish my masters degree, Casey is no longer working with cattle but we do have TWO incredible boys that I get to be home with every day. As you can see God has changed our plans many times in our 10 years together. So, why not go ahead and throw out our only remaining assumption from early marriage and expand our family again with another little boy. It has taken us almost 7 months of praying to confirm that God was leading us to adopt again. Honestly it had little to do with going through the long and draining process of adoption again but rather can we handle three kids. We will officially move from man-to-man coverage to zone coverage. Yet, God in his sovereignty continues to remind us that this is His plan for our family. He has not promised us immunity from pain and struggles but He has promised us Himself, which is more than I can comprehend. So our family of four is moving to a family of five. Welcome to our journey!

No comments: