we were able to hear confirmation from our family coordinator in virginia wednesday that our dossier is complete. our dossier will be taken to the embassy and then if all goes as scheduled it will be heading off to ethiopia with lots of other families waiting to bring their sweet children home on friday.
as we've waited to hear news from our family coordinator i have spent some time reading our old postings and journal entries. it has been a whole year since we first sent our application off so we have had lots of exciting days - starting our home study, our first fundraiser [the garage sale], finding out the Smith's are adopting from Rwanda, and my favorite - our Sunnybrook Kids giving us a check at KidsQuake. with those joys we have also had some very frustrating days. i have often wondered what God was waiting for. i am grateful for our families, our team, and close friends that continue to remind us that their is something special about to happen if God is waiting this long to match us with David.
that being said, i wanted to expand our last posting just a little. in my frustration with our slow process, i did a absolutely horrible job of congratulating the Smith's on their approval. we are ecstatic that they received their approval and how God is moving in their family. we have been so blessed to have them in our lives. if you haven't checked out their blog you need to [click the Smith Family on the right].
2 comments:
Rande & Casey,
I keep reading your posts and the more I read the more excited it get. I admire you for trusting God and His time. I had tears in my eyes when I read this because I(we) are so incredibly excited to meet baby David. Our prayer for you both is that God will grant you peace as you wait for your little miracle boy to physically become part of our family (because I know he already is emotionally).
Love,
Nolan, Whitney and Cadyn
Post a Comment