
There are few things in the adoption process that I have any control over. The majority of our journey will be spent praying, leaning on God's strength, trusting our agency, and waiting. So when we started the paper-chasing portion I got my "adoption binder" ready. It is categorized, organized, and ready to be used. Beings this is our 2nd adoption I thought I knew what to expect. I can be a control nut so I anticipated loving this phase. After all, I did create a special binder for it. Reality is I'm tired of the paper already. It is a means to an end - getting our son home, that is it! I anticipated being more patient this round since I know first hand the emotional battles that come as we wait. Yet I am already feeling the strain of longing for our son.
What a blessing!!!!! God is already preparing my heart for our child. We are "pregnant" and I am emotional just as I should be. Thankfully, Casey is not easily swayed by emotions [mine or his].
No comments:
Post a Comment